East China, MI asked in Libel & Slander for Michigan

Q: A woman filed. Statement on me stating I said I am going to get my 40cal.. this was whole going to my truck w my son

I never had any conversation w this person. Actually she was yelling something after my son and I got out of my truck .. I yelled back.. we later went back to wait and talking military weapons and all. She called tho police and told them I said I was getting my 40 cal.. she then parks and changes drivers in front of me.. later the police came and talked to me and I wanted to do a statement..

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Brent T. Geers
Brent T. Geers
  • Grand Rapids, MI
  • Licensed in Michigan

A: What is your question? Sounds like police were called, they talked to everyone, and found nothing. Case closed? Just because someone calls the police, and the police don't find cause to make an arrest, does not mean the caller is guilty of filing a false police report or subject to a lawsuit.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.