La Porte, IN asked in Medical Malpractice for Indiana

Q: Is it leagal for a doctor to give false information to you of what is in a ultrasound report?

There was a previous report to compare she didn’t want to look at it. And she said septated cysts were not on my left ovarie I was trying to ask questions finally she looked at the paper and looked at me and said yes left side is septated I asked if I callus see the report and she left the room. I ended back I er and my cysts on left side had ruptured and she’s telling me they are still there and septated I was able to get a copy of ultrasound report from second er trip and septated and the cysts were gone why would she lie to me why didn’t she look into it more it was in so much pain I sill am in a lot of pain

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: I'm sorry for your ordeal. This is really something on which an Indiana attorney could advise best, but your post remains open for four weeks. You have the right to straightforward and honest answers about your medical concerns. You also have the right to see your medical records. You could contact an attorney in Indiana to discuss the matter, with many attorneys in this field offering free initial consults. An attorney could not advise on the matter of continuing pain, but as a matter of common sense, it's likely that your family or friends who have concerns about your wellbeing could ask you if you thought of additional medical opinions or more thorough investigation. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.