Taylor, MI asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Michigan

Q: Someone I know has been accused of touching a child.Shes 18 now and is making these allegations.How can he clear himself

A friend of mine has been accused of inappropriately touching a young child when she was six, that's what shes saying. She is 17 or 18 now. My friend is very upset and is wrongfully accused. Can he take her to court to get his name cleared? If so what steps should he go about this?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Brent T. Geers
Brent T. Geers
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Grand Rapids, MI
  • Licensed in Michigan

A: Depending on the allegations and to whom she is making these claims, this could result in serious criminal charges against your friend. If it were me, I'd keep silent about the allegations. And if he is contacted by law enforcement, definitely get a lawyer before speaking with them.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.