Tampa, FL asked in Civil Rights and Constitutional Law for Florida

Q: Minor to adult house arrest, can they be home alone now?

Hello, so I have a relative who has a son that is in house arrest. He has the ankle monitor and meets with his probation officer. He is a minor so therefore he has no access to internet unless for school and cannot have contact with minors and cannot leave the house. He has his mother watching for him, and as mentioned by the judge, there must be a parent with him at all times. However he will turn 18 by the end of this month and so I was wondering if he will still need his parent at home, since he is now an adult can he stay at home by himself? Or will this be something that must be determined by the judge and lawyer?

Please and thank you in advance.

1 Lawyer Answer
Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard
  • Freeeport, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: The conditions of probation continue until they expire by their terms or the judge changes them.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.