Indianapolis, IN asked in Personal Injury for Indiana

Q: Where do I report a healthcare practitioner? I have been extremely unwell... Little has been done to help the situation

Over the last few years I have become very unwell. I was a normally functioning person but became unwell and am still unwell. When I go to a medical provider, nothing is done to actually acknowledge what's wrong. Many times they say something similarily equal to "nah". My appointments are usually pretty short. What's going on with me is somewhat complex and is often difficult for me to describe (I have some unusual problems)

I have ear problems and a continuous and painful spasm between the back part of the top of my mouth and my tongue and a painful overbite. I have things going on that some could describe as sensory problems (odd and unusual "non-sensical" sensations for me). I'm very, very unhappy everyday because of pain and discomfort (screaming and crying some days).

I am not a lawyer - the person I'm describing is me.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Charles Candiano
Charles Candiano
  • Chicago, IL
  • Licensed in Indiana

A: Complaints are filed with the Attorney General at

On your facts, you may simply wish to seek a second opinion from another doctor as you do not describe any conduct that suggests the doctor is causing harm to you or intentionally withholding needed care. Your doctor may simply not understand your symptomatology. You may also wish to consider going to the Mayo Clinic for purposes of diagnosis. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.