Flushing, MI asked in Federal Crimes and Libel & Slander for Michigan

Q: Is it a crime to file 2yrs of false police reports that lead to a wasted swat team response.

these people broke thru her door body slammed her, attacked her daughter,( that has a broken back) grabbed her phone from her hand, proceeded again an attempt to steal from her checking account and credit cards. also other attacks not reported. She is 80 yrs and sharp mind. they are her son grandaughter and niece.

1 Lawyer Answer
Brent T. Geers
Brent T. Geers
  • Grand Rapids, MI
  • Licensed in Michigan

A: If investigation reveals that the crime of making a false police report happened, the prosecutor will charge the responsible person or persons. Prosecutors make charging decisions. If there is concern about police actions, the first step would be to file a complaint with the responding police department.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.