Greencastle, PA asked in Family Law, Child Custody, Civil Litigation and Civil Rights for Pennsylvania

Q: My grandson is being kept in a state that is not in this jurisdiction and they are out of their jurisdiction can you hel

My question is is there any Pennsylvania attorney that knows what to do when it comes to asking for a writ against the subordinate that is trying to exercise jurisdiction and a sister state such as New York versus Pennsylvania when we should be all on the same page I’m not receiving any phone calls back they have basically kidnapped my grandson I have never been to a court they had my grandson before I ever heard of any court date in that court date is June 3 this coming up month I’m begging somebody to help me

1 Lawyer Answer
Cary B. Hall
Cary B. Hall
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Norristown, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: Sounds like you need to talk to an attorney ASAP - you can't possibly explain everything here online.

Find an attorney, and schedule a phone or video appointment. If you don't know one, try here:

Best of luck to you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.