Birmingham, AL asked in Criminal Law, Traffic Tickets, Civil Rights and Federal Crimes for Tennessee

Q: I am facing a citation for driving on revoked the first part of June. Looking for a lawyer around Columbia tn

I do have a past record.dui in2011 over alcohol. DUI second offence was in 2012. Driving on suspended....... I wasn't ordered to have the interlock untill the second one. I paid all my probation, fines, and my reinstatement fee. But i just got a job right before i was pulled over. So couldn't afford to get interlock or a car. (Just found out few days ago you don't have to own it or i would have had it done already) i was going to try and get it before court and covid has kept me from that. Will a judge take any of that into consideration and give me a continuance to get it done and not have more time added that i can't have my licenses back? Im a single mom of 2 kids and i have worked so hard to get where i am. Is that possible so i don't lose everything it has taken me 8 years to get?

1 Lawyer Answer
Shanone Emmack
Shanone Emmack
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Brentwood, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: Yes it is possible to get things worked out. If you can afford an attorney then it is smart to hire one to help walk you through the process and make sure everything is completed to obtain your license. An attorney can help you obtain a waiver of the interlock device fees as well as negotiate probation and jail time for the driving charge. I practice in the Columbia area if you want my help. Good Luck!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.