Salt Lake City, UT asked in Criminal Law and Family Law for Idaho

Q: Son had a child with an underage girl. Judge has included 5 yr NCO on release. She's 18 and wants NCO lifted. Possible?

He was 20 and she 16 at birth of child. Hospital reported. Both wish to marry. He's now 22 and set for release, but with 5 year NCO. She's 18 and wants a relationship. They have a 2 year old son together. No contention from family on either side. Can she request it be lifted as a condition of his probation?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kevin M Rogers
Kevin M Rogers
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Boise, ID
  • Licensed in Idaho

A: She can ALWAYS petition to lift the NCO! It may or may not be granted . . . depending on the personal, self-righteousness of the judge you’re in front of.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.