Indianapolis, IN asked in Child Custody for Indiana

Q: My child is 16 and wants to drop out. We live in Indiana and I was wondering if both parents need to sign if we do joint

We have join custody and my child wants to drop out due to bullying, I'm ok with with it, shes 16 and we live in Indiana. Her mom isn't ok with it, so I was wondering since we have joint custody do both parents have to give consent for my child to drop out.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
John Mario Acosta Jr.
John Mario Acosta Jr.
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Valparaiso, IN
  • Licensed in Indiana

A: Based on the information provided in your question, if you have joint custody of the minor child yes you both have to agree on the decisions made in regards to the minor child's health, education and religion, if you can't agree you can use the court to make the decision for you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.