Roanoke, VA asked in Child Custody, Child Support, Civil Rights and Landlord - Tenant for Virginia

Q: I currently rent a house with my boyfriend, things are not working out and we are now on a month to month lease.

The landlord is on my side, but how do I legally get him to move out, since he won’t leave on his own. We also have an almost 2 yr old daughter and I want to have full custody of her. He is a convicted felon x2 and on probation.

1 Lawyer Answer
F. Paul Maloof
F. Paul Maloof
  • Landlord Tenant Lawyer
  • Alexandria, VA
  • Licensed in Virginia

A: I regret that I do not handle domestic relations or child custody matters. Sorry. If you and the faster of the child are both on the lease, the landlord will have to proceed in Court to ask the Court enter an order for possession against him. You need to work with the landlord on that issue. It may be best for you to consult with an attorney who is located in the same jurisdiction and the location of the premises to give you advice.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.