Seattle, WA asked in Estate Planning, Legal Malpractice and Probate for Oregon

Q: My father pass Away in 2007 and I've been trying to find a will or any information ever since my brother will not give m

My father passed away from asbestosis he had a will and they will not give me info on estate. My brother and step mom. We also had a wrongful death suit which they tried to keep me out of also but were told they could not to move forward . My father passed in 2007 I just recently received a very strange letter from bryton and Purcell lawyers on my father's case in which her name kept coming up my step mom is deceased 2 yrs now I believe she and my brother robbed me of my inheritance and my children's I know there was a will because me and my kids sat at his kitchen table as he filled it out and I believe bryton and Purcell who I just found out are in trouble for fraud on the trust's may possibly have said will but they have ignored me through the whole lawsuit so at this point according to the article I read... it may be hidden the will

1 Lawyer Answer
Theressa Hollis
Theressa Hollis
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Portland, OR
  • Licensed in Oregon

A: Unfortunately, no attorney will be able to answer your specific questions online. You should locate an experienced probate attorney in the jurisdiction where your father's estate was probated. The law firm you reference are in California so that may be where you need to hire an attorney. Expect to pay a retainer to have your attorney evaluate your case. Good luck to you!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.