Fort Myers, FL asked in Divorce for Florida

Q: Can I expedite my filed simplified divorce?

I am filed already awaiting final hearing date (amongst COVID) but I am up against a military deployment and would like it finalized before I go circa 2 months.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jean Richardson
Jean Richardson
  • Aventura, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: If there are no attorneys involved, call the other party and let him/her know that you would like to request an expedited final hearing from the court. If he/she agrees, call the JA and let her know that you have conferred with the other party and he/she agrees to an expedited hearing due to upcoming military deployment. Some counties have a particular day where you can have an uncontested final hearing if all necessary documents have been filed. Due to Covid, these hearings have been held virtually. In some counties, you simply submit the required documents to the court with a proposed final judgment. Good luck!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.