Queens, NY asked in Family Law, Personal Injury and Civil Rights for New York

Q: Hello! I am 16 years old, and CPS has opened a case on me, following me around and tapping into my phone.

There hasn't been any signs of neglect or abuse found in my house, even though my mother tried to kick me out. The case is supposed to be closed, obviously, but they won't close it.

Apparently, they have been following me around and they tapped into my phone when it was taken away by my mother. They have also started false claims about me to try to keep the case open. I know I am young, but is there anything I can do to prevent this? Any legal actions I could take?

1 Lawyer Answer
Lawrence Allen Weinreich
Lawrence Allen Weinreich
  • Garden City, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: They are there to protect you so there isn't much you can do. However, if you have proof that they tapped your phone without a court order that can be reported to the police as that is a crime. In addition you can get a lawyer to sue on your behalf to stop all phone intercepts.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.