Atlanta, GA asked in Traffic Tickets for Georgia

Q: I got a super speeder citation for 93 in a 70 I’m only 17 will I lose my license

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Sean McIlhinney
Sean McIlhinney
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Norcross, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: This is an excellent question.

The rule in GA is that if you are unable 18 years old, the GA Department of Driver Services will suspend your driver's license for 6 months if you accrue 4 or more points on your driving record within a 12 month period.

23 mph over the posted limit is a 3 point ticket.

Also, in GA, the sitting Judge can actually suspend your driver's license as a term of probation even if the GA Department of Driver Services does not suspend your license based on your total point count.

The other issue that you need to be concerned with is having the ticket go on your driving record and causing your insurance to increase.

It is best to contact an experienced Georgia traffic ticket attorney to see if it is possible to get your specific ticket case dismissed or reduced without you having to appear at court so that there is no impact to your driver's license or insurance.

I am often able to accomplish this great result for my clients! However, I need to know the specific details about your case including the specific court and alleged speed /speed zone.

I have been practicing law in GA for over 20 years and regularly handle speeding ticket cases in GA.

To this end, I can definitely help you with your defense if you like.

Please feel free to call or email to discuss your specific situation. My contact details are set out below.

Best regards,

Sean McIlhinney, Esq.


Office: 678-387-6920

Cell: 404-932-3099

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.