Astoria, OR asked in Estate Planning for Oregon

Q: My husband has joint custody with his ex. Their parental plan is the kids see him on the weekend and stays with his

Mother durning the week. His son is now telling his mother and us that he wants to live with us. His dad will ask his ex that they need to change the plan with the court so that he dosent get in trouble but she refusses to Chang it. How do we go about it. Seeing him upset and disappointed because of his mom actions and tone is upsetting. Need advise on what actions to do, where to go for help. Oh and my son (step) is about to turn 14?

Thank you

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Theressa Hollis
Theressa Hollis
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Portland, OR
  • Licensed in Oregon

A: Unfortunately, this question is in the Estate Planning category. If you choose Family Law you will receive more helpful answers. Good luck!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.