Nashville, TN asked in Family Law for Tennessee

Q: My marriage was never consummated. He married me to try and get citizenship while being untruthful about It. Anullment?

He has abandoned me and I want to have this marriage annulled. How long would this take to get done? Will I need him to sign? I don’t know where he is. He could be back in Palestine.

I really need help with this. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Johnny Quitman Rasberry
Johnny Quitman Rasberry
  • Cordova, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: If your marriage was never consummated, then that is a ground for an annulment in Tennessee. You should seek a local family law attorney who has experience with your situation. If the marriage was a result of fraud on his behalf, you can report him to ICE. You can find their information at

The bigger question is who signed the I-864 Affidavit of Support. You need counsel. Please do not hesitate getting an attorney. Service can be achieved with publication with the permission of the Court. I have handled such cases before as have many other attorneys.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.