Chicago, IL asked in Child Custody for Tennessee

Q: What kind of document can I file in juvenile court in Tn, to get custody of grandkids. I live in Ky.

Granddaughter said uncle has been touching her. And dad has violent temper. Granddaughter sent text begging for help. Only reason Cps didn’t give them to me, was because I’m in Ky. But only one hour away.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Johnny Quitman Rasberry
Johnny Quitman Rasberry
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Cordova, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: Retain counsel in the TN jurisdiction with family law experience. File a dependency and neglect petition and ask for a protective custody order. Most likely a home inspection will be required, but it is not impossible. Get an attorney. Good Luck to you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.