Chicago, IL asked in Family Law for Indiana

Q: When I turn the contempt papers into the clerk to file, do I have to send a copy to my ex wife’s attorney or do they?

I can’t afford an attorney, so I print off and file the contempt papers and fill them out myself. She has not been letting me have them on my court ordered parenting time and has been warned by the judge last time we were in court about it. I’ve tried to file twice and it hasn’t gone through because it said I didn’t fill something out correctly (which I understand and have fixed) And another time because I didn’t give proper notification.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
John Mario Acosta Jr.
John Mario Acosta Jr.
  • Valparaiso, IN
  • Licensed in Indiana

A: Based on the information provided in your question you should request the clerk to do it and then drop a copy of it in the mail to her attorney

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.