Wheatfield, IN asked in Personal Injury, Civil Rights and Education Law for Indiana

Q: I spent 5th grade with my mouth literally taped shut using 2” masking tape.

With I’m sure toxic glue as it was the 90’s, while the teacher encouraged the class to mock and make fun of me. I want to sue Demotte Elementary School, which is Kankakee Valley School Corp., I’m dead serious and will find representation somewhere. Most of those classmates are still residing in the Demotte, Indiana area and could easily be subpoenaed ! Need help and my question is what type of lawyer would I need or want for my case ?.. it has had long term effects on my ability to communicate with other ppl. And like I said I’m sure it was toxic glue as it was generic tape. In addition, I have a tested iq of 146 and if I was able to communicate with others verbally I would have been rather successful I’m sure. For not leaving my house in 14 years I have done alright online with some stuff over the years. Text is my only communication even with my mother and gf (who feels unloved cause I’m broken and can’t show affection). I want 750k. I think that is fair.

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: It would be best for an Indiana attorney to advise, but you await a response for four weeks. You ask about what type of lawyer? A personal injury lawyer, preferably one with insight into the education system. But you are looking at a very formidable challenge in terms of the timeline here. I'm sorry for your trauma and ordeal, but the events are very long ago. See if you could contact attorneys for a brief, free initial consult to ask their take on the matter. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.