Johnstown, PA asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Child Support for Pennsylvania

Q: What are the steps I need to take to file a petition for modification?

Do I need to send the Plaintiff a copy of the filled out modification form, Criminal History form, Blank Criminal History forms, and a copy of the order? Do I need to have her signature upon delivery of the documents? When I send in my copy to the Prothonotary I send all of the above plus the $100 money order?

1 Lawyer Answer
Cary B. Hall
Cary B. Hall
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Norristown, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: Each Pennsylvania county has their own local requirements (esp. for the filing fee). I suggest you directly contact the Prothonotary's Office for the county in which you wish to file. Sometimes there's a court website that more-or-less walks you through the filing steps as well, if you're lucky.

Best of luck to you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.