Fleming Island, FL asked in Personal Injury for Florida

Q: What can I do about my apartment falling apart my shelves in my kitchen fell on me and at first I didn’t think I was

Injured but now I have back pain

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Raul G. Delgado II
Raul G. Delgado II
  • Miami, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: If you are injured, the first thing you should do is get medical care. A injury to your back can be a very serious condition because of the nature of the spinal cord and the nervous system. Hopefully a doctor tells you that you have nothing to worry about but nonetheless, the first step is always to get medical care. You may be able to pursue a claim against your landlord depending on the terms of your lease agreement. They may have a HO2 condo owner insurance policy which could potentially provide coverage for med-pay (pays your medical expenses up to a certain amount of coverage) and/or liability coverage if the condition was caused by the negligence of the owner. If you have a renter's policy, there could be coverage for your injuries if it is included in your rental policy declarations page. If you have questions, contact a Florida personal injury attorney that can help you evaluate your issues and determine whether it is in your best interests to pursue a claim. Many personal injury attorneys in Florida such as my office provides free client consultations to explain your options before you make a determination as to what you want to do. Best of luck

Tim Akpinar agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.