Ridgedale, MO asked in Workers' Compensation for Missouri

Q: If an attorney deliberately leaves out medical records to prove your case, what do you call that? Malpractice?

Just found out my attorney didn't obtain any medical, physical therapist and CT Scan records that shows 3 herniated discs in my back. He's settling my case at 7.5% and said, I have to pay over $8000 in medical bills out of pocket bc employer's insurance didn't approve for me to get CTScan. I'm still in pain with my back and had to use walker for a month bc I couldn't walk without support. On the injury claim, he puts down "lumbar strain". I asked his paralegal.. why did he put that? My injuries are more severe with 3 herniated discs. The paralegal said, "they didn't obtain any of my medical records. They just went with what the workman's comp doctor gave them." I'm still suffering with my back injury from work. There were NO communication with this attorney. I'd say 95% they never return my calls. And if they did call, it was to come in and sign some paperwork and no explanation of what's going on with my case. It's going on 7 months and attorney must've called me 2 or 3 times.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Scott Andrew Wilson
Scott Andrew Wilson
  • Workers' Compensation Lawyer
  • Columbia, MO
  • Licensed in Missouri

A: We cannot give you legal advice since you are currently represented by an attorney. You should schedule a meeting with your lawyer and ask him these questions, before you agree to settle your case. The choice to settle is yours and yours alone to make, but your lawyer should answer your questions and give you their advice as to how to proceed. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.