Akron, OH asked in Employment Law for Pennsylvania

Q: If I’m asked to break the rules by a superior and questioned whether or not I’m a team player, what can I do?

My boss is a district manager and his son is my superior, both have asked me to break rules, and I have, and corporate had specifically sent us rules to fallow. Because I don’t want to go over the head of 2 of my superiors and anger the people I have to work with daily, I quit to avoid the conflict. HR sent me a UC 1609 and I’m trying to understand if I have sufficient reason to file for UC. Do I have reason to file, or is this a form they sent me for other reasons?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Wyomissing, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: you file with the unemployment office. You explain you left because you were asked to break company policies. That should constitute a "necessitous and compelling reason." you may be eligible for a visit with an attorney with your local legal aid/legal services office.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.