Pineville, LA asked in Civil Rights and Criminal Law for Louisiana

Q: How would I go about filing charges against the police for having an invalid search warrant

The police broke down my door and searched my house for an individual a search warrant never was presented until 6 months later . The person they were looking for was already arrested in the back seat of the car before they ever broke down my door . An the search warrant clear states they are to search to look for that person . During this time I was arrested an separateD from my week old new born. I would like to press charges but don’t know were to start

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Covington, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: Contact a personal injury lawyer to file for false arrest and to file an internal affairs complaint.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.