Bronx, NY asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Pennsylvania

Q: What’s going to happen in this situation?

My daughters mom is claiming to have evidence that I hit/ hurt my daughter. I have evidence that shows I don’t and have not. If our evidence conflicts with each other what would happen to our daughter?

My fear is she’ll be put in a foster home until a professional gets to talk to her cause I believe she’s trying to poison her mind and my daughter has said she’s told her to say these things.

Also we’re in Pennsylvania

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Cary B. Hall
Cary B. Hall
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Norristown, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: It depends with whom the abuse complaint is made. Presumably, your daughters mother would notify either the local police or the county child protective agency, and then an investigation would be opened. As long as the investigators believe that the child is in no imminent danger, the child probably won't be snatched away from the allegedly offending parent. . . but one never knows.

Honestly, a gazillion things can happen during a child abuse investigation, so it's virtually impossible to answer your question here -- and adding additional facts or details to your question here won't really help. It all depends on who's investigating, and what their initial perceptions and actions are. My advice is to contact local counsel in your PA county, and discuss your situation in detail with him or her. Only then will you get some possible answers. Best of luck to you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.