Pittsburgh, PA asked in Real Estate Law for Pennsylvania

Q: Procedure to settle a residential property line dispute when your property line and house set back from property

My lot size and home location on lot was surveyed after house was completed in 1975. and again 2012 By Separate Firms Both survey indicate house faces north south

Front NE corner is 10' Back from east side of house property line.

Rear S/E Corner of house is 10' 3/4" from eastside property line.

(2nd) house owner neighbor insists His west property line is actually three feet westward over my eastside property line. Continues to mow my grass 3' west ward over my surveyed eastward property line at 1" height lower than my 3" Height normal cutting.

I discussed this with my South Park Twp PA Code Supervisor that advised SP township can be of No assistance as it is a civil dispute.

Local Magistrate or whomever administrator I talked to advised I had to fill out a form but had to request a damage amount reimbursement ?

There is no damage just trespassing on my property and mowing grass 1" shorter height on my east section. How do I get justice

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Mark Scoblionko
Mark Scoblionko
  • Allentown, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: The simplest and first thing to do is to erect a fence along the boundary. If that does not work for some reason, you would have to hire a lawyer and file suit to seek a declaration of the boundary. If you do nothing and the neighbor persists over a period of time, you could lose that property that he is claiming by what is called “adverse possession.”

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.