Seattle, WA asked in Criminal Law for Colorado

Q: I have been accused of causing an accident that left my son dead and other people injured but I was avoiding another car

I happened to swerve my car so that I could avoid accident that I crossed the median and hit another oncoming car. I have been held liable and the police was told that I was driving on the wrong side of the road when this happened,which wasn't true. I am seeking legal advice

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Nelson Patrick Boyle
Nelson Patrick Boyle
  • Englewood, CO
  • Licensed in Colorado

A: Hire a lawyer. I don’t practice criminal defense. But I have some experience in that area. You need to get a lawyer and quit posting about your case in public arenas, like this. If you cannot afford a lawyer, apply for a public defender. You need a lawyer asap.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.