Coeur D'alene, ID asked in Criminal Law for Idaho

Q: Can Idaho violate your right to speedy trial when you made no delays and showed up every time

I plead not guilty, and said from day one "take it to the box, no deals" my lawyer made a motion that was overruled "that court conjeste could not be help and would be not prejudicial to me according to the judge who also sat on the appeal for the case which also had a motion for appeal on prosecutorial misconduct

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kevin M Rogers
Kevin M Rogers
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Boise, ID
  • Licensed in Idaho

A: Judges will ofttimes resort to the “record” to “prove” that something you said or the way your mouth moved or a facial tic of your lawyer WAIVED your constitutional right to a speedy trial. Problem is that this right only applies if you’re still in custody (180 days)! Most people would rather plead guilty after 2 weeks if it meant they could get out, e en if they’re not guilty and thought they could beat the charge! That’s what’s wrong with Idaho justice! Our speedy trial (if in custody( needs to be changed to 45 days and (if already bonded) it should be 180 days!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.