Asked in Environmental for West Virginia

Q: Can we sue our psd for poor water quality?

skin rashes, itching, hair discoloration and loss, stinky clothing, staining of clothing, grout, sinks, tub, shower and tile, damage to plumbing fixtures, inability to bathe, paying for water we cannot drink or even use except to flush with, no action from officials, no accountablity, lies, threatening letters, no timely notification for boil water advisories, untold health effects from drinking water that had advisories unknown to us, no testing when they know they will fail said testing, inaction from the county

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Environmental Law Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A West Virginia attorney could advise best, as your matter could involve state and local water quality, environmental, and public safety laws. These situations tend to be complex, and involve costly sampling and lab testing for an array of parameters, from petroleum compounds to listed hazardous wastes to raw sewage. Because they tend to involve a county, water district, or other geographic region, an initial step could be to contact others in the area who are also experiencing the same water quality issues. It would make for a more meaningful consult with an environmental attorney in terms of them understanding the depth and scope of the problem, as well as identifying the population that has standing. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.