Carlisle, PA asked in Child Custody and Child Support for Pennsylvania

Q: Hello, How much will I pay for child support? Please see details below.

We're not married. We both live in cumberland county PA.

My daughter's mom and I split up but we are spending the same amount of time taking care of our daughter (3.5 days with me and 3.5 days with her mom)

We both have the same gross income (She get paid just a dollar more than me)

I'm currently paying for my daughter's health insurance.

Her mom files for her tax return (since birth)

My baby's 3 years old.

And i'm currently paying 50 dollars each week (this is not a court order, just something we agreed upon)

I also have another child who lives in another country who I support as well (sending 200 dollars each month excluding his other expenses like school, clothing, house items etc)

My daughter's mom and I get along okay.

We don't have vices/addictions and neither is abusive (we love our daughter) and everything seems to be just 50/50.

Except that I am paying for daughter's health insurance, supporting another child, and currently giving my ex $50 a week.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Cary B. Hall
Cary B. Hall
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Norristown, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: Since you're paying for your daughter's health insurance, you've got 50/50 time and the parent's incomes are the same, you probably shouldn't be paying ANY child support to your daughter' mother. In addition, you could probably negotiate alternating who gets to claim your daughter as a dependent on your tax return each year as well, i.e., you claim her in odd years and she claims her in even years.

Best of luck to you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.