Athens, GA asked in Criminal Law for Georgia

Q: Have been charged whith poss of meth whith the intent to distribute given folse name driving whith revoked licean

They did not read my meranda rights did not show me the drugs they font in car

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Robbie Levin
Robbie Levin
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Marietta, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: You didn’t ask a question, but it sounds like you need to hire an attorney ASAP.

For more information visit my website at

Sean McIlhinney
Sean McIlhinney
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Norcross, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: I am very sorry for your situation. This is a good question.

The fact that the police officer failed to read you your Miranda rights after you were arrested or taken into custody may be able to help you exclude from evidence any inculportory statements that you may have made to the police officer in response to his questioning after you were arrested or taken into custody.

An experienced Georgia criminal defense attorney will be able to evaluate your case and all of your potential defenses which may include:

1. No reasonable articubale suspicion to stop your vehicle

2. No probable cause to search your vehicle

I have been practicing criminal defense law in GA for over 20 years.

Please feel free to call me to discuss your specific situation and I can give you my complete case evaluation and fee quote after discussing the case with you in detail.

My contact details are set out below.

Sean McIlhinney, Esq


Cell: 404-932-3099

Office: 678-387-6920

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.