Atlanta, GA asked in Uncategorized for Georgia

Q: Child raised money through Krispy Kreme’s to go on a trip to Washington. The trip has been cancelled

Child raised money through Krispy Kreme’s to go on a trip to Washington. The trip has been cancelled and the money raised was for her. The amount was 1,100 and her trip was 750$ her teacher stated that after the trip the remains would be refunded. Now that the trip is canceled the school is saying it’s against the law to refund the money that was raised and it has to remain at the school in the 5th funding account. Any help

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Georgia attorney who works with education law matters could best advise, but your question remains open for four weeks. I'm sorry for your daughter's letdown after all her efforts. It would be difficult to offer any general input without knowing the school policies. If you were able to see those, or speak with parents whose children are in the same situation, that might help identify your daughter's options. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.