Statesboro, GA asked in Criminal Law for Georgia

Q: Can I beat a obstruction of an officer if I did nothing wrong and was tripped to the ground?

I dont know if they tied my previous calling of the police to my home. But after I was omw to work and my fiancee was getting ready to go to Atlanta with her family to visit, she called me and told me she was injured so I picked her up and took her to the hospital in which from the moment we walked in it seemed as if I was being looked at as a woman abuser they wouldn't let me go back or anything after they were finished they let me go back and my fiancee said that she wanted to leave and that's when police met me and her and told me that they wanted to talk to me, I stated that I didn't want to talk to them so he said if I moved I'd be obstructing an officer and they proceeded to trip me to the ground, my fiancee screaming he didn't do anything. They tazed me and locked the handcuffs too tight and wouldn't loosen them until a higher officer arrived and made them loosen them, when I got to jail no one checked the left hand that was numb from the cuffs after several times of asking.

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Priscilla T. Upshaw
Priscilla T. Upshaw
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Powder Springs, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: What happened to you is unfortunate. It is best to contact an attorney as soon as possible who can assess your case in depth and provide you with a tailored approach.

We are glad to assist you. Contact us whenever you are ready.

We wish you well.

-The Upshaw Law Firm, (770) 240-0922.

Sean McIlhinney
Sean McIlhinney
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Norcross, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: I am very sorry for what happened to you.

After speaking with you and learning all of the details about your case, an experienced Georgia criminal defense attorney will be able to evaluate your case and all of your potential defenses.

I have been practicing criminal defense law in GA for over 20 years.

Please feel free to call me to discuss and I can give my complete case evaluation and fee quote after discussing the case in detail.

My contact details are set out below.

Sean McIlhinney, Es


Cell: 404-932-3099

Office: 678-387-6920

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.