Allen, TX asked in Traffic Tickets for Missouri

Q: In mo got a ticket for no insurance but he never put a fine or courtdate?

With no court date do I have to do anything?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Andrea Rogers
Andrea Rogers
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • St. Louis, MO
  • Licensed in Missouri

A: Your choices are:

1) go to court and plead guilty, then the judge will sentence you and determine the amount of the fine. 4 points will be added to your driving record if you plead guilty to "No Insurance" and you will have to pay a fine and court costs,

2) go to court and show the judge that you had proof of insurance at the time you were pulled over (if that is true) and ask the judge to dismiss the ticket,

3) Hire an attorney to get your 4-point "No Insurance" ticket dismissed or amended to a non-moving, no-point infraction. If you hire an attorney, you won't have to appear in court, but you will have to pay a fine and court costs.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.