Falls Church, VA asked in Child Custody and Family Law for Pennsylvania

Q: what wil happen if my child refuses to go to fathers on schedule date?

My 9 year ole daughters refuses to go to her fathers every other monday when it time to go. What will happen to myself, mom if I dont make her. I have already file to modify custody but of course that is 30 days away. Shes ready too talk to judge, but I know I have to wait for trial.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kathryn Hilbush
Kathryn Hilbush
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Media, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: The court expects you to follow its orders. Your daughter is 9 years old and not in control- you are because you are an adult and you are her parent. Tell her she must follow the order. Do no say anything bad about the dad. If the judge is willing, she can have her say in 30 days. That's not too long to have to wait.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.