Davenport, FL asked in Real Estate Law and Small Claims for Florida

Q: Condo law question. Seeking reimbursement from HOA mgr

I own a condo in FL and the management office had contacted me many times stating that the unit below me was experiencing water damage from my condo bathroom. Since I live out of town I asked the mgr who phoned me to have condo maintenance handyman inspect. Maintenance eported back that there was no issue with my bathroom. The office however kept phoning stating that the unit below me was getting a leak. Each time I explained I am not there and haven't been and unit was already checked. I was then emailed twice asking to have necessary repairs done and also cited it's my responsibility, possible legal action etc and a deadline to have completed. I had a plumbing company come and it was again confirmed that leak is not from my unit. He found the issue to be at unit below me(the one making complaint) due to outside wall. I would like the hoa mgr to reimburse me for cost paid to plumber because I found out it was the office erroneously claiming the issue was from my unit to owner.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard
  • Freeeport, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Yes, you can ask for reimbursement. Hopefully you have documentation from the condo maintenance handyman.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.