Priest River, ID asked in Family Law for Idaho

Q: If I am 16 and having a baby and my boyfriend is 17 can we get married without parental consent in Idaho

I live in a small room with my boyfriend and we want to get married because we are having a baby and want to get our own place so we have room for our daughter and us getting is really what we want to do so can we without parental consent considering we are about to have a baby

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kevin M Rogers
Kevin M Rogers
  • Boise, ID
  • Licensed in Idaho

A: Does your bf have a job? How much are you two paying for your "small room?" Are you going to stay home and raise your daughter? Is your soon-to-be husband going to supporting you and your daughter? Idaho judges are going to ask you those questions. You are going to have to be able to support yourselves and the baby and pay for an apartment (and have a car and insurance and a driver's license) before the judge will let you move in together and quit school. Good luck!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.