Asked in Criminal Law and Juvenile Law for Pennsylvania

Q: My friend posted pictures of is his ex gf in without her face in it and was supposed to have a court date for it.

Even though she was the one who sent the photos to him at the time and he was on the wrong for sending them out but they are both minors so what would be the penalty for them and for some reason he hasn’t gotten a call or anything from the policeman that was supposed to call him and it’s been 5 months since this incident happened. Is it possible for the police to wait until he turns 18 to arrest him or is that illegal in the state of Pennsylvania? Please help I don’t want my friend to end up in jail or something like this.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ellis B. Klein
Ellis B. Klein
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Doylestown, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: He needs to get a lawyer immediately because what you described is child pornography which would require him to register as a sex offender.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.