Bloomington, IN asked in Child Custody, Child Support, Domestic Violence and Family Law for Indiana

Q: Petition to establish custody and parenting time as to minor child born out of wedlock

Father of minor child has filed with the court a petition to establish custody and parenting time as to minor child born out of wedlock. DNA has been confirmed that he is not the biological father. Minor child is 19 months old. Petitioner has established paternity, minor childs biological father wishes for the paternity to be reestablished in agreement with minor childs mother and sole custody of said child. Petitioner has previously been charged with domestic battery against me in September 2019. I have evidence to support my decision to terminate visitation with minor child and petitioner.

1 Lawyer Answer
Troy Tyson
Troy Tyson
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Greenwood, IN

A: It is not clear from your information what question you are asking. Once a petition has been filed, the court will hold a hearing to make determinations on paternity, custody, and support. You will have a right to appear and present evidence and testimony regarding the issues that you discussed.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.