Columbia, TN asked in Divorce for Tennessee

Q: I'm wanting my divorce from my ex that's currently incarcerated on drug charges and I'm disabled an can't pay for it

He is incarcerated on drug charges and he has cheated on me multiple times so I finally got smart and left almost 3 years ago and I'm disabled and notable to pay for my divorce and he thinks he is gonna be able to get away without giving me a divorce cause he said he ain't paying for it.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Mr. Kent Thomas Jones
Mr. Kent Thomas Jones
  • Cleveland, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: I would contact your local Legal Aid Society. I'm not sure where exactly you are in Tennessee, but the folks in my area (Bradley County) use Legal Aid of East Tennessee. If you cannot find a Legal Aid Society, I would contact your local Bar Association and ask for lawyers that are doing pro bono work.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.