Carpentersville, IL asked in Animal / Dog Law for Illinois

Q: I had given a woman a trial period with my birds w/stipulations. she failed & now wont give me my birds back. can i sue

it was a trial period of a possible adoption of my 2 parakeets, I had rescued them, had them 18 months, worked with them as they were abused. I gave a woman a trial period with stipulations...that either she keep my large cage or i would purchase one she liked but had to have specific to fly, play, spread their wings. She didnt want my cage but didnt tell me and bought a shoebox cage where they can barely move and sit on her end table. She doesnt want a big cage bec she doesnt want to change the look of her livingroom. She is rich yet I was going to buy her a cage or give her mine to assure they would have room to fly. I was so upset that she didnt keep to the agreement. I want my birds back and she wont give them back. This was a trial period...for both..Can I sue in civil court.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Cheryl Powell
Cheryl Powell
  • Mt Vernon, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: Do you a contract in writing? Was there money exchanged?

George W. Svoboda agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.