Chicago, IL asked in Medical Malpractice for Illinois

Q: Hi, I was wondering if I had a malpractice lawsuit to go on. My dentist preformed surgery on my tooth wrong

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
John S. Fotopoulos
John S. Fotopoulos
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Orland Park, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: Whether or not the dentist deviated from the standard of care is a complicated issue. Please feel free to contact me to discuss the facts of your case.

Tristan  Larson
Tristan Larson
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Rutland, VT

A: If the dentist misidentified a tooth, for example by reading an x-ray incorrectly, you probably meet the first test of medical malpractice: medical negligence. The other question really is how large are the damages? If the dentists caused the loss of a tooth through negligence you would have a claim but it might cost so much to pursue the claim that you would get nothing for your trouble. But call a malpractice lawyer in your area.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.