Asked in Car Accidents for Tennessee

Q: I was hit by a Shelby county truck as he was pulling away from a drive up window. I was in motion going around the line.

Driver turned his wheel away from the window to exit and drove right into me. A witness from the Starbucks said he couldn't have seen me. My sedan is half his height. They are denying my claim. I have no copy of their report, no one from their insurance has come to take my statement or witness the damage. I have >3000 damage. He had a smudge on his rubber bumper. I don't want to claim against my insurance.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Mr. James Charles Wright
Mr. James Charles Wright
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: You need to make sure your insurer is aware of the matter regardless how it ends up being handled. You don't want to prejudice your insurer. Beyond this - if the County isn't going to voluntarily pay - you will either need to let your insurer handle or file a lawsuit against the County. You may want to consult directly with an attorney there in Shelby County.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.