Chicago, IL asked in Estate Planning and Tax Law for Florida

Q: My mother is refusing to show me her will or to give me a copy of her will tho she has gave it to her other children .

After finding his out I wAnt to go to probate court Too see if I can contest the will how can one do that if I can’t see the will . Please advise

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Seril L Grossfeld
Seril L Grossfeld
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL

A: If your mother is still alive what her will says is not relevant since it is only effective once she passes away and between now and then she can change it as often as she likes. You cannot contest her will while she is still alive. Your mother can express her final wishes in her will without having to obtain your approval.

Bruce Alexander Minnick agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.