Chicago, IL asked in Small Claims for Illinois

Q: I was never issued a debit card from unemployment but the unemployment site says that I have been issued 3payments.

What can I do? I call weekly and keep getting the same answer of someone will call me back or they'll send an email.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
George W. Svoboda
George W. Svoboda
  • Grayslake, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: If you have an open claim, check the payment method on the unemployment site. You may have direct deposit setup. You can change that. If you had direct deposit setup for a prior claim, the unemployment department (IDES) still may have that on file even if you no longer have that account. You may need to call the prior bank. If you did not setup direct deposit and there is one setup, this could be fraud. Change your password. Fill out a fraud complaint form on the site. That may mess up your whole unemployment claim though. The IDES callback system can take over a week for you to receive a callback right now.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.