Tiptonville, TN asked in Estate Planning, Foreclosure and Probate for Tennessee

Q: Family member passed away with written Will left house with mortgage to my mother

The problem I’m facing the house became delinquent I had the money to make the payment but the bank would not accept the payment saying they have to have paperwork saying that I am the executor of the Estate i’m worried that I can’t get this taken care of in a timely manner before my house is foreclosed on

They will was written notarized and filed at the courthouse. Everything was left to my mother which was a house empty lot her bank account and car

Will I need to go to probate or can I just go to the courthouse and be appointed executor

1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: Your facts do not make sense. But if you started a Probate, which may have not been necessary, then you should be getting your Letters Testamentary from Probate Court. Call the Court today. This will be your authority to act on behalf of the Estate. Insurance and Taxes have to be paid also.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.