Akron, OH asked in Medical Malpractice for Indiana

Q: I am a quadriplegic and have been in the chronic pain and urinating all over myself for almost a year.

So I went to the urologist Dr and he made me an appointment to come back and get put under anesthesia to take a camera up my urethra look in my bladder to see what's going on. Well I woke up and they said everything was fine and not worry about it. So I made an appointment for about a month later to have it changed and Dr turned me away. So I had to change my catheter and I found out there is another hole that goes into my uterus instead of my bladder. and I have a neurogenic bowel and bladder can cause me to have strokes. I can't believe he turned me away he must have known there is something wrong but they never told me that all they put on the discharge know was I had a bacterial infection

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: An Indiana attorney could advise best, but your post remains open for four weeks. I'm sorry for your ordeal. You could reach out to Indiana med mal attorneys to discuss in further. Attorneys in this field typically offer free initial consults. If an attorney identified the basis for a case, they could request your file documents and review with a medical professional. In terms of your suspicions about not being told things about your condition at the time of your discharge, it's likely a deposition would be required to determine that. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.