La Porte, IN asked in Civil Litigation, Civil Rights and Constitutional Law for Indiana

Q: I need assistance obtaining case records from the county court house in reference to filing for compensation

House Bill 1150

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: This is really something that an Indiana attorney would know best, but you await a response for four weeks. As a general matter, without regard to the type of case, court clerks can sometimes assist in obtaining file documents. However, in many places, COVID has changed some of the over-the-counter, microfiche, or court library access offered to the public. If the matter involved legal pleadings, some unified court systems post case pleadings online in PDF format. Another option could be to approach attorneys whose firms have access to commercial legal databases to request a price if the records could be pulled up in that manner. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.