Albuquerque, NM asked in Car Accidents for New Mexico

Q: How do I write a summary judgment based on the fact that negligence was never assigned to any party ?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A New Mexico attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for a week. If you go online, you may be able to find various motions posted online in PDF format, including summary judgment motions. However, you describe a setting where negligence was never assigned to a party. That could mean that negligence is yet to be determined and needs to be adjudicated in a trial. When you file a summary judgment motion, you essentially tell the court there are no material facts to be tried. In other words, the matter is more or less self-evident on its face, in your case, the determination of negligence. You could check with a New Mexico attorney if that is the best action, based on the facts at hand. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.